Fall is upon us and winter is around the corner. In world famous Sun Valley, we are blessed to have over 280 days of sunshine! But…..it is time to prepare your home for cold weather. Follow these 8 simple steps to reduce expensive fuel costs and maintain your home.
- Make sure all windows and doors are firmly caulked
- Close all foundation vents to prevent plumbing from freezing
- Relight the pilot lights on furnaces and water heaters
- Shut off the water line to the swamp cooler or window air conditioners – disconnect lines at both ends
- Disconnect and drain outside hoses, store inside to avoid cracking or freezing
- Oil the motor and fan of your forced air furnace, inspect and change the filters to keep air flow clear
- Hire a professional to inspect and clean your wood/pellet stove pipes
- Shut off sprinkler systems and drain or blow out the lines
Keep cozy and enjoy our winter wonderland.